Members of the Advisory Board will serve as volunteers and commit to a term of one year.
The Advisory Board will be made up of six (6) active members of the Slow Food Northern Ohio convivium and include the following: 1-2 farmers; 1-2 chefs or food industry representatives; and 2-4 members at large.
Duties and Expectations for Advisory Board Members:
- Advisory Board members must be or become members of Slow Food USA in good standing;
Commit to serving a one-year term;
- Attend quarterly meetings throughout the year and special meetings as required;
Contribute to building Slow Food’s “Good, Clean, Fair” philosophy in the Northern Ohio community;
- Collaborate with other like-minded organizations as required;
- Contribute time, ideas, and effort in creating and implementing at least one Slow Food Northern Ohio event within a calendar year;
- Support Slow Food Northern Ohio’s effort to recruit and maintain an active and diverse chapter membership by creating inclusive and balanced programming and;
- Be actively involved in Slow Food Northern Ohio activities and programs.
Selection Process: The Slow Food Northern Ohio leadership team will evaluate all Advisory Board applications, interview prospective nominees, and select members based on the attributes they would bring to the Advisory Board. Advisory Board members will be selected and announced by March 31, 2010.
Please submit application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, March 23, 2010.
Advisory Board Application Questionnaire: To apply please copy this section into a word document or email, respond to each question and email to our Leadership Team.
- Contact and personal information.
- Are you familiar with Slow Food and if so what aspects of the organization have been of most interest to you?
- Which volunteer or professional organizations have you been a member and what was/is the extent of your involvement?
- Slow Food Northern Ohio is dedicated to activities that promote the Slow Food mission of a food system that is “good, clean and fair” and foster appreciation of Northern Ohio's foods, farms and culinary traditions. Please provide a brief description of your interest and activities related to such objectives.
- What attributes/skills would you bring to the Advisory Board and what roles would you see yourself contributing to on the board.
Questions? Please contact Kari Moore, Slow Food Northern Ohio at email@example.com or 216.225.6311.